Marrakesh is intoxicating and exotic. From the colorful riads to the divine dining experiences, you’ll understand why this is such an alluring place. It’s a place where you don’t want to be pattern-shy and wearing luxurious silk kaftans and gold is a must. Here are five key pieces that should be on your packing list and some helpful tips for your stay.
- Play it safe by covering your shoulders and knees. If you are travelling to religious areas or places where you want to avoid extra attention, it’s best to dress more conservatively.
- Pack a scarf for when temperatures dip or for impromptu excursions that require you to be a bit more covered up.
- Hire a guide to give you a tour of the Medina and be specific with what you want to see. The Medina is an intricate maze that is incredibly easy to get lost in. Interested in purchasing a rug? Ask the guide to take you to three different places to ensure you are finding what is right for you at the best price.
- Pack sunscreen, baby wipes, tissues and a few band-aids. These will come in handy.
- Stay hydrated in the heat with fresh squeezed orange and pomegranate juice.
Packing List (for her):
Camilla Kilim Odyssey Round Neck Kaftan via Camilla ($599 AUD)
Mansur Gavriel Crossbody bag in Brandy via Mansur Gavriel ($495 USD)
Ray-Ban Original Aviator in Gold via Sunglass Hut ($199.99 USD)
Ancient Greek Sandals with Lalaounis Antiparos via Ancient Greek Sandals ($250 USD)
Wilfred Roaming Blanket scarf via Aritzia ($85 USD)